New Member Orientations
To complete your new member application, you need to attend an orientation and present a Photo ID. You can learn more about the application process in Become a Member.
- Request an orientation by using the Contact Us form, or attend a monthly gathering (see announcements on home page)
- One to one assistance
- Help completing your membership application
- Help with creating or completing your profile in the member exchange site
- Help with posting offers and requests
- Not required, but bring a laptop if you have one (the member exchange site works well on a smart phone, too)
- You’ll learn more about your account and how to use it
- Driver’s applications are available here, too.
- Orientations last 15 minutes
- You’ll be on your way to giving and receiving
- Bring your Photo ID
Monthly Membership Gathering
To learn more about Timebanking and how it all works, join us for the next Timebank gathering.
All are welcome, and we encourage current members, “not-yet” members and their families to attend. It’s a great opportunity to meet other members and learn more about the West Seattle Timebank. We may have an interesting speaker from the community or a shared activity! Most of our gatherings last approximately 2 hours; plan to come for all or part of the program.
While we have always gathered on the third Thursday of each month, we listened to the needs of our membership and are changing our meeting spaces, days, and times throughout 2017.
Another way to find out about our gatherings and events is to sign up for our mailing list. Anyone interested may sign up by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will only receive 1-2 emails per month from us and your information is never shared.
Community Events and Gatherings
Last year we were present at 8 community events. WOW!
Thanks to all the volunteers that helped with these events.
If you know of an an event on the Westside, please let us know.
Let’s spread the word about Timebanking!
As a Timebank member, you’ll receive hours for helping to host a Timebank booth at any community event. Events are a great way to earn Timebank hours and have fun, too.